As we were driving to the meet it was pouring outside and I was thinking to myself, "What am I doing?" Can you imgine three kids at a swim meet in the rain. AHHH!!! However the girls sang "rain, rain go away" all the way to the meet and the minute we pulled into the parking lot it stopped. I'm not kidding. It was sunny and beautiful and very HUMID throughout the meet. There were TONS of kids and it was quite overwhelming when we got into the meet. Emily looked a bit scared and ended up deciding NOT to swim. (Which actually didn't surprise me.) She watched the kids her age swim and says she wants to do it next Tuesday. I think she'll be more comfortable next week because we are having the meet at our pool and it won't be a foreign place. We'll see if she makes it.
Anna did AWESOME. She is quite the little fish. She swam four events. She first swam the medley relay which is a co-ed event and her team got third place. Next she swam freestyle which is her favorite and she got first and was SOOOO proud of herself. She then swam backstroke and got fourth. She swam against two VERY good and VERY older swimmers. Then at the end of the meet, her relay team took first place by a ton. So needless to say, she was all smiles on the way home. She is swimming in the 7 and 8 year old group which means she is swimming against girls going into third grade. The cut off for the age division is one month and 4 days past her birthday so many of her friends are swimming in the 6 and under age group. She looked so little swimming against such older kids. We were very proud of her. It was so fun to watch her be so excited.
Jake survived the two hour swim meet which was a success in my book. You never know with him. Scott was able to make it to watch three of her events so that thrilled her. I think we have definitely found her "thing." She loves soccer and basketball too, but I've never seen her smile like she did tonight.
2 comments:
Great job Anna Banana. Can I want to come and watch you at a meet!
Yea Anna!!!! Katie is in bed and doesn't know about your awesome swim meet - how about you tell us ALL about it on Friday? And you can showcase your excellent racing skills at the Aquatic Center! We are SO SO SO proud of you!
Post a Comment