Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's Soccer Time

Anna and Emily both started soccer this morning. Emily has her first game next week. Today was just a clinic to teach the little ones some skills before they start trying to score next week. She had her first practice on Wednesday night. It was pretty funny. One of the games they played was sharks and minnows. A "shark" tried to come and kick the ball away from Emily... and what happened next, you ask? You guessed it, my VERY sensitive Emily cried her way to her mother's arms. She got over it pretty fast, but that is so typical. I was proud of her today. There was NO crying on the field.

Anna did GREAT today. I wasn't able to watch her because Emily and Anna were playing at the same time, and daddy thought I would do better with the sensitive one, but Scott said Anna was great. She scored a goal which she was SOO proud of.

I promise to get more pictures next weekend. It was too hard today since we were in two different parts of the soccer complex.

Tomorrow is the start of KQ (Kingdom's Quest)... our Sunday School program at church. I am teaching Anna's grade this year. It will be nice to have 1st graders that hopefully can follow simple directions. I was always a little tired on Sunday afternoons last year after teaching 20 three year olds.



1 comment:

The Crain Family said...

Those pictures are adorable! Your girls are so sweet! Good luck in soccer!

It's Been a Long Time... BIG UPDATE...

Anna moved into a new dorm room at the start of this semester with a friend she met from IL and it has been a wonderful transition for Anna....